Powerbag™ and the training associated with them has allowed sports-people and trainers from many different areas to really find out what functional training can mean and what results can be achieved when applied properly. Used by Elite performers across the world, Powerbags are finding their way into gymnasiums and into the military.
Training with Powerbag™ teaches the body to use its core stabilizers effectively in order that transfer of energy can take place effectively during even the most complex of movement patterns. It provides a feedback mechanism to assist with the development of all movements being high quality. It constantly emphasizes a high level of co-ordination within each movement and increases the power by which these co-ordinate movements can be carried out.
Powerbag® achieves these key-training goals by its emphasis on quality and core stability trained in a functional way and by its specific design and the sheer adaptability and range of movements that can be completed with Powerbag™.
These movements include:
- Olympic lifting movements.
- Variations on Olympic lifting movements, to include diagonal and rotational moves.
- Complex movement based exercises, all multi-joint in nature and all requiring a high emphasis on stability.
- Movement drills, such as fast feet, ladder drills, heel flicks etc.
- Jumps, which are difficult to achieve resisted due to awkwardness of bars.
- Drops, difficult to achieve resisted due to awkwardness of bars.
- Throws, difficult to do with most systems other than medicine balls which rarely exceed more than 15kg.
- Catching and taking the impact, again difficult to complete with most systems.
- Dynamic movements with a partner, throw.. catch.. move.. throw.. catch
- Pure resisted core stability movements.
- Complex training to mix skills drills or game plays with dynamic work using Powerbag. Your training or playing area also becomes your gym, whether pitch, court trackside or home.
- Whether your sport is Rugby, Football, Squash, Tennis or Hockey, your conditioning training can now become an integral part of your skills based training.
- Warm weather training or holidays, not sure about the facilities? Simply empty out your Powerbag® and fill it with sand when you get to your destination abroad.
- Rehabilitation exercises, combining multi-joint movements and the development of functional movements under varying levels of resistance.